S2

Default How do I sum a range if the date is is greater than today's date?

Greetings - trying to evaluate a range of cells that contain dates, and if
the date is equal to or greater than today's date, sum a second range of
cells: :

Table:
A B C D E
1 10/6 10/7 10/8 10/9
2 1 5 10 15

I would think the formula: sumif(B1:E1,=today(),B2:E2) ... should return
"25" - the sum of cells D2 and E2 because cells D1 and E1 are equal to or
greater than today's date. However, no love from Excel. Error message focus
points out my criteria, or the "today()" function. I have also tried "now()"
with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks! S2

Biff

Hi!

As long as the range B1:E1 are true Excel dates:

=SUMIF(B1:E1,"="&TODAY(),B2:E2)

Biff

"S2" wrote in message
Greetings - trying to evaluate a range of cells that contain dates, and if
the date is equal to or greater than today's date, sum a second range of
cells: :

Table:
A B C D E
1 10/6 10/7 10/8 10/9
2 1 5 10 15

I would think the formula: sumif(B1:E1,=today(),B2:E2) ... should return
"25" - the sum of cells D2 and E2 because cells D1 and E1 are equal to or
greater than today's date. However, no love from Excel. Error message
focus
points out my criteria, or the "today()" function. I have also tried
"now()"
with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks! S2

S2

Brilliant! Works perfectly - thanks!! - S2

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMIF(B1:E1,"="&TODAY(),B2:E2)

--