BillGwyer

Default insert picture

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Re-phrase to "don't work as one would like" and you are correct.

Objects sit on top of cells, not in them.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:07:05 -0800, penciline
wrote:

I am sorrry to disappoint you but the Insert Picture or Insert Object
functions don't work as one would expect.
In Excel 2003 if you insert a picture into cell A1 you would expect A1 to
expand to fit the dimensions of the image. However, this is not the case.
All that happens is the image gets placed on top of your spreadsheet and you
have to manually resize the cells. This technique is faulty because you are
not sure that the image rests on the inside of a cell.

What I would like to know is how to have the cells automatically resize for
the image that is imported. Can someone please post a reply to this
question? Thanks in advance
"bindu" wrote:

click on the insert option on the menu bar and click on insert picture

"bindu" wrote:

how to insert picture in a excel sheet
--
bindu

Why would you NOT expect that when you click on a cell, then go to Insert/ Picture/ From File, that the picture would not sit IN the cell you clicked on? I can see where we should have the oportunity to have the picture "float" if indeed that is what we want, but not to have the picture "float" with no other options. Is there NO other option to putting a picture in a cell? Even as a link? Just as long as it is IN the cell.

Gord Dibben

Bill

Perhaps you could visit JE McGimpsey's site and check out the info at his
lookuppics subject.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

Gord