Andreas

Default Scientific formating like (a.b+-x.y) 10-z cts/sec

Complex question:

I have two inputs A & B from which I can calculate the output X plus the
error eX of the output:

That's no problem.

But I need to have it in a special scientific format:
(X +- eX) 10-Z cts/sec

Example: X = 2.3e-4, eX + 0.5e-4 then the output should be:
(2.3 +- 0.4) 10-4 cts/sec

The output should be in one cell.

How can a accomplish this?

Thanks a lot,
Andreas
FxM

Andreas a écrit :

Complex question:

I have two inputs A & B from which I can calculate the output X plus the
error eX of the output:

That's no problem.

But I need to have it in a special scientific format:
(X +- eX) 10-Z cts/sec

Example: X = 2.3e-4, eX + 0.5e-4 then the output should be:
(2.3 +- 0.4) 10-4 cts/sec

The output should be in one cell.

How can a accomplish this?

Thanks a lot,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

A solution (not optimized and to be checked) with personal function.
The result of function being a text, any calculation have to be made
with original data.

Alt-F11 | insert | module
copy the following code :
'---- from here
Static Function Log10(X)
Log10 = Log(X) / Log(10#)
End Function

Public Function dd(inp1, inp2)
g1 = Int(Log10(inp1))
g2 = Int(Log10(inp2))
g = Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(g1, g2)
inp1 = inp1 / (10 ^ g)
inp2 = inp2 / (10 ^ g)

dd = "(" & inp1 & " +- " & inp2 & ") 10" & g & " cts/sec"
End Function
'--- to there

Use of this function :
=dd(X , eX)