FiBee

Default Converting numbers to date format from csv files

I have data submitted as csv files which i have saved as excel spreadsheets.
Problem is the dates in the csv file are 20020105 etc, I need to convert
these to date format in order for me to calculate between sets of dates. All
I get is ###### (it's not a case of the column being too short). Tearing my
hair out

Hi
Select the column and use Data / Text to Columns. One of the dialog box
steps allows you to tell Excel that the value is a date - and how it is laid
out. I think it's the third box in and it says something like Column Data
Format in the top right corner.
--
Andy.