Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking workbooks

I have 2 workbooks, workbook 1 has entries for each day of the week and
workbook 2 has the totals for the week, month,quarter and year. Can I link
them so the totals for the week populate in to workbook 1 and then I can
erase the entries in workbook 2 to start a new week?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Trev.

This is what is have (EXCEL 2007):-

TrevWB1.xlsx

A1 B1 Week 40
A2 Mon B2 1
A3 Tue B3 2
A4 Wed B4 3
A5 Thu B5 4
A6 Fri B6 5
A7 Sat B7 6
A8 Sun B8 7
A9 B9 28

TrevWB2.xlsx

In cell A2:-

=[TrevWB1.xlsx]Sheet1!$B$9

The above copies in the total (28) from cell B9 in the first Workbook.

The above answers your first question only; not sure about the second part.