Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting numbers from exponential 'E+' format

I have phone numbers from a report which are in the exponential format, eg,
4.5513E+11. I want these to show as 11 digit numbers. I am sure this must be
straightforward!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Converting numbers from exponential 'E+' format

Converting Exponential Numbers to Regular Format in Excel

1.
  1. Select the cells containing the exponential numbers that you want to convert.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu.
  3. In the Format Cells dialog box, select "Number" from the list of categories.
  4. In the "Decimal Places" field, enter the number of decimal places you want to display (in this case, 0).
  5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Your exponential numbers should now be displayed as regular numbers with the correct number of digits. If you want to copy and paste these numbers to another location, make sure to use the "Paste Values" option to avoid pasting the original exponential format.

That's it!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select Column. From menu DataText to ColumnsNextNextSelect TextFinish
OR
Select ColumnFormatCellsSelect Special and choose OR select CustomIn
Type: enter 11 zeroes
--
If this post helps click Yes

"E" wrote:

I have phone numbers from a report which are in the exponential format, eg,
4.5513E+11. I want these to show as 11 digit numbers. I am sure this must be
straightforward!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Quite right, that did work. I shall try it on the rest of the numbers.
It did say it was Polish telephone numbers, so I tried to change that to UK,
but that didn't work.

Many thanks.