Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris12InKC

Default Lock Cell Format - Allow copy and paste of data without format change

I've searched a couple of threads on this that existed a couple of
years ago, but those threads never produced a solution. So let me
reintroduce it...

Is there a way to do this? I've searched online high and low, as well
as help files. No particular answer given yields the solution to this
problem:

I have cells in rows with alternating color formatting. Seems pretty
standard right?

I want to be able to copy the cell value from one row to another
WITHOUT applying the copied cell's color to the new cell with the
alternate color. I want the user to perform a simple copy and paste
action to replicate cell values without affecting the target cell
color. This must be done in a simple action (without special
right-click paste functions).

I found a post where someone suggested to highlight all cells with
values to be copied and pasted, then select Format--Cells--Protection
tab-- REMOVE locked checkmark, then protect the sheet. This did not
work.

I am using Office Excel 2003 SP2.

Anybody have a solution for this?

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Lock Cell Format - Allow copy and paste of data without format change

I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris12InKC

I found this suggestion to resolve my problem:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...&start=2&num=3