Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
falloutx

Default Cell data format

I created a file which uses advance filtering on a database worksheet.
On clicking a button, the advance filtering work its magic. But when I
copy another set of data into that database, the advance filtering does
not work. I figured out its the cell data format that is giving me the
problem.

Cell A2 is the raw data I will copy. Data type = text
Cell A4 is the copied data and I changed the format to 00.0000
Cell A6:A7 is same as A4, BUT I typed the same data
Cell A9 is the required format.

Even after changing the format of A2 to 00.0000 (results in cell A4).
The advance filtering does not work. But after I retyped the exact same
data into cell A4, it will automatically align right. It is only after
this, the advance filtering works.

I cannot understand why. Is there a meaning behind the automatic
allignment from left to right? How can I change the format with VBA
code to something like cell A9

|Filename: Format.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4345 |

falloutx
falloutx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30560
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510896

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Yes, text will automatically align to the left, numbers to the right
unless the cell was preformatted with a specific alignment.

Try this:

Type the number "1" in a blank cell, next copy that cell, select your
data in column A and go to Edit/Paste Special and "Multiply"....hit OK

HTH
Jean-Guy

--
pinmaster