Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove specific text from a column of cells

Example:

Apple and Pear Oct 2,2006
Orange and Lime Oct 30,2006
Pear and Pineapple Oct 6, 2006

I want to remove the date at the end of each cell. Can someone help? Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One TOO simple way would be to have a helper column
=left(a2,len(a2)-11)
Leaves a space on the single digit but probably doesn't matter.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sweepea" wrote in message
Example:

Apple and Pear Oct 2,2006
Orange and Lime Oct 30,2006
Pear and Pineapple Oct 6, 2006

I want to remove the date at the end of each cell. Can someone help?
Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Based on your samples the date appears after the 3rd space. If that's
consistent within your data:

=LEFT(A1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","~",3))-1)

Biff

"Sweepea" wrote in message
Example:

Apple and Pear Oct 2,2006
Orange and Lime Oct 30,2006
Pear and Pineapple Oct 6, 2006

I want to remove the date at the end of each cell. Can someone help?
Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The archives want to know what you used

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sweepea" wrote:

Example:

Apple and Pear Oct 2,2006
Orange and Lime Oct 30,2006
Pear and Pineapple Oct 6, 2006

I want to remove the date at the end of each cell. Can someone help?
Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My previous posting will only remove Oct data. If the text has an aribtrary
number of words and the date is always the last three words in the cell then
this little UDF will remove then:

Function sweepea(s As String) As String
ss = Split(s, " ")
For i = 0 To UBound(ss) - 3