Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default First zero doesn't show up in zip code mail merge.

When I do a mail merge of an excel spreadsheet, the first zero doesn't show
up. The column has a zip code format, and the actual cell shows the zero, but
the function bar does not. For example, 02561 will show up as 2561. Any ideas
how to fix?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try using a TEXT function in a helper column

=TEXT(A1,"00000")

If this doesn't work, use the data created by this function and copy it and
Paste Special...+Values to a column pre-formatted as text

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

UK Excel User Conference In Cambridge