Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Selecting an item from a list

Help! I am going round in circles trying to resolve this, I have a
workbook with two sheets in it the following sheet detailed as below
and named Prices

Code Type Size Price
A011001 8 tier super 600mm £10.00
A011002 8 tier super special 600mm £15.00
A011004 8 tier mega 600mm £20.00
A011005 9 tier super 600mm £10.00
A011006 9 tier super special 600mm £10.00
A011053 9 tier mega 600mm £10.00

And in the same workbook I have a sheet called Order Sheet, in the
order sheet I would like to pick the items up in the Prices worksheet
but I cannot work out the formula for Validation (if thats the right
way)

So for instance, I want to select in my Order Sheet either the Code or
the Type and then excel fills in the rest ie Size and Price associated
so if I selected 8 tier mega my Order Sheet would look like

A011004 8 tier mega 600mm £20.00

Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

VLOOKUP formulas will pull the data to appropriate cells.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP