Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Minimum value look up

I have a giant list of PNs I've complied from several different quotes
from the vendor for 26 FGs. I need a formula to return the minimum
value from the list for a look up against specific PNs.

So in the formula cell I need to sort of vlookup the value I'm
interseted in from the list, but return the lowest found value.

Help?

-Steven M. Britton
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this array formula** :

A1:A10 = pns
B1:B10 = numeric values
D1 = pn to look up

=MIN(IF(A1:A10=D1,B1:B10))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

" wrote in message
I have a giant list of PNs I've complied from several different quotes
from the vendor for 26 FGs. I need a formula to return the minimum
value from the list for a look up against specific PNs.

So in the formula cell I need to sort of vlookup the value I'm
interseted in from the list, but return the lowest found value.

Help?

-Steven M. Britton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perfect Thx