Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Format + Graph

Hi

I have 40 Years of data (2 Columns) in the following format

Column A Column B
1/Jan/1970 75.65
2/Jan/1970 75.70
31/Dec/2009 80.15

etc
What i would like to create is a simple line graph, with the horizontal Axis
being 1st Jan to 31st Dec (No Year Data)
Then my vertical Axis would be based on the values in Column B

Basically what i am looking for is to be able to compare each years data on
the same graph.
How do I set up the graph to only look at the Day/Month of the Date and
ignore the year when setting up the graph. Sure I have done this before but
cant get my head round it today !!!

Many Thanks
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=DATE(2000,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) will transfer all the data to an equivalent
date in an arbitrary year so that you can use that as the x axis data.

Then put each year's data in a separate series on the plot.
--
David Biddulph

"Chris26" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc