Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy numbers from numbers+text cell

How do I copy only the numbers from a cell with numbers and text and symbols
to a new cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps if you could post a few examples of what you have, someone
might be able to suggest a way to split the numbers out.

Pete

Henk wrote:
How do I copy only the numbers from a cell with numbers and text and symbols
to a new cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok

I have this

Check #275884

I need only 275884, how do I do so.

Thanks

Henk

Henk wrote:
How do I copy only the numbers from a cell with numbers and text and symbols
to a new cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

if you have data in cell A1 then put in B1

=MID(A1,FIND("#",A1)+1,100)

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434