Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default need a formula to convert pounds to tons( 2000) lbs per ton

Can you pls. give me the formula to convert pounds to net tons ( 2000 lbs.)
in excel spreadsheets
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: need a formula to convert pounds to tons( 2000) lbs per ton

Converting Pounds to Net Tons in Excel

To convert pounds to net tons (2000 lbs), use the following formula in Excel:

Formula:
= [pounds]/2000
Here's how to use this formula:
  1. Open a new or existing Excel spreadsheet.
  2. In a cell where you want to display the converted value, type the equal sign (=) to start a formula.
  3. Type the number of pounds you want to convert, followed by a forward slash (/), and then the number 2000. For example, if you want to convert 5000 pounds to net tons, your formula would look like this:
    Formula:
    =5000/2000
  4. Press Enter on your keyboard to calculate the result.

Excel will divide the number of pounds by 2000 and display the result in the cell. In the example above, the result would be 2.5 net tons.

You can also use cell references in your formula instead of typing in the numbers directly. For example, if the number of pounds you want to convert is in cell A1, you can use the following formula:

Formula:
A1/2000
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

The Net Ton or Short ton is 2000 lbs (pounds) so with weight in A1
=A1/2000

The Long ton is 2240 lbs so
=A1/2240

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Liverpool Loo" <Liverpool wrote in
message ...
Can you pls. give me the formula to convert pounds to net tons ( 2000
lbs.)
in excel spreadsheets

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have pounds in A1, then put this formula in B1:

=A1/2000

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 9, 3:40 pm, Liverpool Loo <Liverpool
wrote:
Can you pls. give me the formula to convert pounds to net tons ( 2000 lbs.)
in excel spreadsheets

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

New user?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Why not =A1/2000 ?
--
David Biddulph

"Liverpool Loo" <Liverpool wrote in message
Can you pls. give me the formula to convert pounds to net tons ( 2000
lbs.)
in excel spreadsheets

Find value in array Brook6 Excel Worksheet Functions 26 January 30th 07 10:40 PM
formula to convert raw data from several sources into relative tot Yancy Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 16th 07 02:22 AM
Reusing formula Tony29 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 September 7th 06 03:34 AM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 02:37 PM
Match then lookup Tenacity Excel Worksheet Functions 9 December 3rd 05 06:30 AM