Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Background Color for selected range

I have a budget on one sheet and actual on another sheet. When the actual
exceeds the budget I want to have a background color of red and when the
actual is less than or equal to the budget I want the selected range to be
green. I cannot get the background color to change under any codition. I
have selected a range and clicked on the pain icon and selected a color but
nothing happens to the selected range. Is there some setting in the workbook
that is preventing the change. Thanks,
--
Glyn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RAZ RAZ is offline

for example your boundary is 100

first put the color u want when number is below or equal to 100

then go to conditional formatting, number rules, greater than,
enter 100 there, and choose your color.
this should work, it does in mine.

"Glyn" wrote:

I have a budget on one sheet and actual on another sheet. When the actual
exceeds the budget I want to have a background color of red and when the
actual is less than or equal to the budget I want the selected range to be
green. I cannot get the background color to change under any codition. I
have selected a range and clicked on the pain icon and selected a color but
nothing happens to the selected range. Is there some setting in the workbook
that is preventing the change. Thanks,
--
Glyn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I want the range to be green if B10<=B54. I went to Format/Conditional
Formatting/selected the color and on the dropdown selected Formula is and
entered =B10<=B54, said ok and nothing happened.
--
Glyn

"Glyn" wrote:

I have a budget on one sheet and actual on another sheet. When the actual
exceeds the budget I want to have a background color of red and when the
actual is less than or equal to the budget I want the selected range to be
green. I cannot get the background color to change under any codition. I
have selected a range and clicked on the pain icon and selected a color but
nothing happens to the selected range. Is there some setting in the workbook
that is preventing the change. Thanks,
--
Glyn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try with absolute references.

Select a range then FormatCFFormula is:

=$B$10<=$B$54

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:18:05 -0700, Glyn
wrote:

I want the range to be green if B10<=B54. I went to Format/Conditional
Formatting/selected the color and on the dropdown selected Formula is and
entered =B10<=B54, said ok and nothing happened.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After entering the formula is: did you click on FormatPatterns and pick a
color?

Gord

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 17:50:05 -0700, Glyn
wrote:

Tried with absolute references to no avail. I cannot even change the cell
colors with the "Paint icon"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes I did. I am beginning to think there is something wrong with my Excel
program or my computer. My son cand do the same thing on his computer as I
am doing on mine and his works. I tried re-installing excel on my computer
and that didn't help.
--
Glyn

wrote:

Tried with absolute references to no avail. I cannot even change the cell
colors with the "Paint icon"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you wish, you could send the workbook to me personally.

Change the AT and DOT to get my email address.

Gord