Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default File path of external link changed

Hi all,

I have an excel file (say, c:\Master.xls) that link externally to other
files (say, C:\xyz\OtherFile.xls). We need to send (via email)
Master.xls to someone for editing (but OtherFile.xls is not send
together). When the file is sent back to me, the link to OtherFile.xls
changed (instead of C:\xyz\OtherFile.xls, it becomes OtherFile.xls
only), thus making all the calculation failed.

(I hope I have make the problem clear.) ^^

Is there any way that we can send the Master.xls file to the others for
editing but do not change the external link in the worksheet?

Thanks

--
ramram49
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi ramram49,

You can correct the links in the returned workbook via Edit|Links.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]