Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to number only rows used --

I'm trying to automatically number rows that have been used, example if there
is a number in B17 then in A17 is one, if there isn't a number in B18, leave
bank and is a number in B19 then in A19 it would enter 2 --
--
Thanks so much--Paula
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this formula entered in A17:

=IF(B17="","",COUNTA(B$17:B17))

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paula" wrote in message
I'm trying to automatically number rows that have been used, example if
there
is a number in B17 then in A17 is one, if there isn't a number in B18,
leave
bank and is a number in B19 then in A19 it would enter 2 --
--
Thanks so much--Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Put this in A1 and drag down as far as required.

=IF(ISNUMBER(B1),COUNT($B$1:B1),"")

"Paula" wrote:

I'm trying to automatically number rows that have been used, example if there
is a number in B17 then in A17 is one, if there isn't a number in B18, leave
bank and is a number in B19 then in A19 it would enter 2 --
--
Thanks so much--Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike -- Wonderful!! worked perfect--
--
Thanks so much--Paula

"Paula" wrote:

I'm trying to automatically number rows that have been used, example if there
is a number in B17 then in A17 is one, if there isn't a number in B18, leave
bank and is a number in B19 then in A19 it would enter 2 --
--
Thanks so much--Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the info -- This works also --
--
Thanks so much--Paula