Dan W

Default Excel Auto Filter: WHY'S SORT @ TOP OF LIST? WHEN I KEY TO "SHOW .

I was upgraded to Excel 2003 last week. I have just noticed that the
AutoFilter function has moved two "SORT" functions to the top of the
autofilter list. I AutoFIlter a ton and use the keyboard. Alt+Arrow Down on
the autofilter cell then I choose from the list or use "Custom" . When I am
through looking at the results, I key Alt + Arrow Down+ Home which
automatically selected (All) and put the sheets back to its original,
complete form.

Now when I do that Keystroke, it freaking resorted every bit of my data.
The is completely unacceptable. I can do that keystroke in my sleep and
there is no telling what I have unwittingly already screwed up, not to
mention what I will screw up in the future out of habit.

There has got to be an option to get rid of the sort at the top of the
autofilter list. If not, is there something that can be redone in Excel to
get rid of it? This is really Bad