Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tiya

Default Round near to Zero

hi
I want to round of near to zero. i.e.

If there is a qty * Rate = amt
456*89=40584 than i want to round of like 40580 i want to make last digit
0(zero)
Is any help

Thanks in Advance.

Tiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming I've understood the question properly

=ROUND(YourFormula,-1)

Will round to multiples of 10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jbarnett

Allow me to hijack your thread slightly.
Is there a way to make Excel NOT round? I'm having trouble with this
end of things.
Please and Thank you :)
JB

--
jbarnett
jbarnett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31276

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel NEVER rounds unless told to, BUT the cell may display a rounded
value if formatted that way - perhaps I've misunderstood the post
though!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jbarnett

Ahh. So it doesn't. I am re-working a document created by someone else,
I figured out the setting though under Format Cells Numbers. But
thanks for your time and input ;)
JB

--
jbarnett
jbarnett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31276
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlbo

Excel always rounds if values are held to more dp than are shown
Use the INT function to stop excel rounding automatically - this will cut
off numbers at the dp so be careful with it as sums may not add up !!
--
Rgds, Geoff

"A crash reduces
Your expensive computer
To a simple stone"

" wrote:

Excel NEVER rounds unless told to, BUT the cell may display a rounded
value if formatted that way - perhaps I've misunderstood the post
though!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Heather Heritage

Unless you can justify this, no it doesn't!!! It DISPLAYS to those number of
DP, but it doesn't round!