Edward O'Brien

Default Highlighting Highest Total

I have 4 columns of figures B, D, F and H with 4 totals: B30, D30, F30 and
H30.

Can anyone give me a formula within "Conditional Formatting" that will
highlight the cell (say in pale blue) with the lowest total of the four?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Leo Heuser

Ed

One way:

1. Select B30
2. Hold <Ctrl
3. Select D30, F30 and H30
4. Release <Ctrl

Choose "Conditional formatting" and enter
the formula:

=B30=MIN($B$30,$D$30,$F$30,$H$30)

Choose a formatting.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Edward O'Brien" skrev i en meddelelse
I have 4 columns of figures B, D, F and H with 4 totals: B30, D30, F30 and
H30.

Can anyone give me a formula within "Conditional Formatting" that will
highlight the cell (say in pale blue) with the lowest total of the four?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Hi
Highlight the four cells (B30, D30, F30, H30) in that order and try
something like:
Formula is
=H30=MIN(B30,D30,F30,H30)

--
Andy.

"Edward O'Brien" wrote in message
I have 4 columns of figures B, D, F and H with 4 totals: B30, D30, F30 and
H30.

Can anyone give me a formula within "Conditional Formatting" that will
highlight the cell (say in pale blue) with the lowest total of the four?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Domenic

Try the following...

1) Select/highlight B30

2) Format Conditional Formatting Formula Is

3) Enter the following formula:

=(B30<"")*(B30=MIN($B$30,$D$30,$F$30,$H$30))

4) Choose your formatting, such as 'pale blue'

5) Click Ok

6) Copy the formatting to your other cells (D30, F30, and H30) using the
'Format Painter' or 'Copy Paste Special Formats'.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Edward O'Brien" wrote:

I have 4 columns of figures B, D, F and H with 4 totals: B30, D30, F30 and
H30.

Can anyone give me a formula within "Conditional Formatting" that will
highlight the cell (say in pale blue) with the lowest total of the four?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Edward O'Brien

Hi, Andy.

Thanks for the quick reply

It almost works. It highlighted two cells - B30 and H30 - although B30 is a
higher figure.

Any ideas?

Ed

<Andy B wrote in message ...
Hi
Highlight the four cells (B30, D30, F30, H30) in that order and try
something like:
Formula is
=H30=MIN(B30,D30,F30,H30)

--
Andy.

"Edward O'Brien" wrote in message
I have 4 columns of figures B, D, F and H with 4 totals: B30, D30, F30 and
H30.

Can anyone give me a formula within "Conditional Formatting" that will
highlight the cell (say in pale blue) with the lowest total of the four?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Edward O'Brien

Hi, Leo.

No luck, I'm afraid.

No highlights occurred. Any's worked partly but highlighted two cell, one of
which was a higher figure.

I still need help if you can...

Best wsihes,

Ed

"Leo Heuser" wrote in message
[...]

Edward O'Brien

Hi, Domenic.

No luck, I'm afraid. No highlights atall. I was very careful to get your
formula right and treble checked.

I'm using Excel 97 - does that make any difference?

Ed

"Edward O'Brien" wrote:

I have 4 columns of figures B, D, F and H with 4 totals: B30, D30, F30
and
H30.

Can anyone give me a formula within "Conditional Formatting" that will
highlight the cell (say in pale blue) with the lowest total of the four?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Edward O'Brien

Bingo...

Thanks to everybody for your help. I just looked at the clock - less than
half an hour!!

What a system! :-))

Ed

"Leo Heuser" wrote in message
[...]

Naz

Sorry change the 19s to 30
--

_______________________
Naz,

"Edward O'Brien" wrote:

I have 4 columns of figures B, D, F and H with 4 totals: B30, D30, F30
and
H30.

Can anyone give me a formula within "Conditional Formatting" that will
highlight the cell (say in pale blue) with the lowest total of the four?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Naz

Go to ONLY the first cell B30 goto conditional formating enter the following
formula

=F19=MIN($D$19,$F$19,$H$19,$B$19)

select the format you want. Click OK

The using the format painter (paint brush on toolbar), doouble clikc and
apply to all four cells. Don't forget to press Esc to turn format painter off.

That should do it.

--

Naz,