Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default See Data behind Pivot Table

I have a source sending me reports in Excel Pivot Tables that I don't really
want. I need the raw data, and I keep getting Pivot Tables. I've been
searching the help files for how to get the Pivot Tables off so I can see the
data behind them, and I'll I'm finding is instructions on how to build a
Pivot Table onto the data. I don't want the Pivot, I just want to see the
data first to see what I'm working with.

Can anyone tell me how to just turn all the fancy Pivoting off? The data's
in there somewhere under all the buttons and drop down boxes, right?

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if this works. In the pivot table click on each pull-down and make sure
that nothing is deselected (i.e. all are set to "All"). Then double click on
the grand total at the bottom right of the pivot table. A new tab should be
created that shows the underlying data that contributes to the grand total
(which should be everything if nothing is deselected).
Will