djjny

Default how do you make negative numbers show up as 0 in Excel?

I want to force a formula I have to show up as a zero if the value is less
than zero. I have tried embedding something in the formula to do this, but
it will not work. anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to format a
field to display zero when the value is less than zero? I am using Excel
2000.
tiah

Hello !

go in Format Menu/cells

customize

the type is 0;"0";0

first argument is positive numbers
second is negatives numbers
third is 0 numbers
so the "0" between quotes tells to write 0
the 0 without quotes means the number itself will display

Duke Carey

tiah's solution will change the DISPLAY but not the value. In other words,
although the cell might show 0, any formula that referenced the cell would
still use the negative value.

If you need the VALUE to be 0, use

=MAX(your current formula,0)

"djjny" wrote:

I want to force a formula I have to show up as a zero if the value is less
than zero. I have tried embedding something in the formula to do this, but
it will not work. anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to format a
field to display zero when the value is less than zero? I am using Excel
2000.

tiah

Hi Duke !

I know this is a display, but i answered to the question !

he ask for a way to "show" 0 and ask for a "format" to "display"

=)

sure i would use your formula :)

have a nive day !