vishu

Default Password for excel sheet

I have one excel file, in that there are 3 sheets. User should not open
sheet 2. I can hide the sheet. But the problem is they can go to format and
un hide the sheet. I want to hide the sheet, if any body trying to un hide
it should ask pass word to open.
Please advice...how to do this
Regards,
Vishu

JulieD

Hi

you can use tools / protection / protect workbook to stop them unhiding the
sheet without supplying a password, but this will also stop them adding /
deleting / renaming sheets among other things and isn't very secure (ie it
can be broken in approx 2mins with info from a web-site).

--
Cheers
JulieD