Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I don't want dollar sign with zeros in unfilled currenty field?

I am creating an invoice (not using a template). I don't want the unused
currency fields to display zeros / dollar sign. $0.00.

How do I leave the unused currency fields blank so that the $0.00 is not
showing until a dollar amount is entered in a given line?

Thanks, Connie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are getting the currency field from somewhere else, then you
can have a formula like:

=IF(A1=0,"",A1)

where A1 is the cell that holds your dollar amount.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 4, 11:30 pm, Don't want $0.00 to show on invoice <Don't want
$0.00 to show on wrote:
I am creating an invoice (not using a template). I don't want the unused
currency fields to display zeros / dollar sign. $0.00.

How do I leave the unused currency fields blank so that the $0.00 is not
showing until a dollar amount is entered in a given line?

Thanks, Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps a Custom Number Format

Select the range of cells to be impacted

From the Excel main menu:
<format<cells<number tab
Category: Custom
Click [OK]

Using that, postive and negative numbers will display as currency, but zeros
won't display at all (they'll still be there though)

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP