Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP - unable to highlight cell range

I am unable to highlight the cell range on the document I am seeking data....

If I try to highlight A1:G733, I can not start the highlight in cell A1. I
CAN however highlight my range if I start at cell G733.

anu explantion?

thanks! jane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Not sure what's the phenomena happening there <g .. maybe there's a
well-masked transparent object placed over cell A1 thereabouts which is
preventing direct selection of the cell with the mouse, etc .. , but perhaps
you could just type the range in the namebox*: A1:G733, then press ENTER
*box with the drop arrow above col header "A", left of the formula bar

The above will select A1:G733 with A1 active.

Especially for large ranges, it might be easier/faster to use the namebox to
select. Of course, this presumes the range is known.
--
Max
Singapore