Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing the formatting paint brush & Automatic Clipboard Excel 20

Please please please can someone help me as they are driving me crazy. I have
just moved to a new job which has Excel 2003 and work on it all day. The
clipboard constantly pops up even though I untick the automatic clipboard.
Also the formatting paintbrush which appears automatically if cells beside
each other are formatted differently. I cannot work how to turn this off!!

Please help me :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To stop the Formatting icon from appearing, disable it at ToolsOptionsEdit

"Show paste options buttons"

I also disable "Show insert options buttons"

To stop the ClipBoard from appearing.........

From help on "Clipboard"

Turn off the Office Clipboard
On the Office Clipboard task pane, click Options.
Clear the Show Office Clipboard Automatically check box.
Clear the Show Office Clipboard When Ctrl+C Pressed Twice check box.
Note To copy items to the Clipboard while it is turned off, select the
Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard check box.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP