Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I copy and paste a drop down list in excel?

I have a drop down list in cell A1 and I need to copy and paste that list all
the way down to A200. Copying and pasting is not working nor is dragging
down the corner of the cell. Help!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I copy and paste a drop down list in excel?

Copying and pasting a drop-down list in Excel can be a bit tricky, but there is a simple solution. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the cell that contains the drop-down list (in this case, cell A1).
  2. Press
    Code:
    Ctrl + C
    on your keyboard to copy the cell.
  3. Select the range of cells where you want to paste the drop-down list (in this case, cells A2 to A200).
  4. Right-click on the selected range and choose "Paste Special" from the context menu.
  5. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, select "Validation" from the list of options and click "OK".
  6. The drop-down list should now be copied to all the cells in the selected range.

If copying and pasting doesn't work, you can also try dragging the fill handle (the small square in the bottom right corner of the cell) down to the cells where you want to copy the drop-down list. However, make sure that the cells you are dragging to are empty and do not already contain data.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy cell A1
Select the range A2:A200
Goto EditPaste SpecialValidationOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Adriana" wrote in message
I have a drop down list in cell A1 and I need to copy and paste that list
all
the way down to A200. Copying and pasting is not working nor is dragging
down the corner of the cell. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dragging with the fill handle works for me in 2003

Do you have drag and drop enabled?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP