Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Exporting chart issue

Hi everyone

I am trying to use the Excel chart.export method to produce an image of a
report from Access.
Access is exporting the report in Snapshot format, and I am then importing
the object as an OLEObject into an Excel Sheet.
I am then using the CopyPicture method on the OLEObject and pasting this
into the chart.
I am then exporting the chart as a GIF.

The problem I am having is that the quality of the gif is very poor so as to
make the whole method useless.

FYI I am not using a pdf writer as the environment I am in prohibits this
method (security gone mad!)

Please help if you can.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

FYI Everyone

Found a way around it using the 'Saveas - Webpage' function. I
automatically save to the desktop as a webpage, and then use the Dir function
to get the name of the GIF in the html's supporting images folder usually
named "_files".

Then use FileCopy to create a copy and then use Kill and RmDir to get rid of
the webpage and its folders.

Hope this provides guidance to someone else on how to create an image of an
access report without pdf.

John