Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Document Not Saved message

Received an elaborate excel spreadsheet via email. I was asked to open it
change some #s then send it back. I am unable to save the spreadsheet with
or without changes. The message I receive is €śDocument Not Saved€ť. I have
attempted to save it to a different location. I am an admin on the
workstation. I do not have problems with saving other excel spread sheets.
I sent the document to a coworker on the same network and was able to change
the figures and save it. I compared the setting on both workstations and
they appear to be the same.
--
Keivn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try saving the email attachment to your Desktop (or some other location) and
then try editing and saving the file.

When complete generate another email message and attach the updated workbook
file.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Kevin" wrote:

Received an elaborate excel spreadsheet via email. I was asked to open it
change some #s then send it back. I am unable to save the spreadsheet with
or without changes. The message I receive is €śDocument Not Saved€ť. I have
attempted to save it to a different location. I am an admin on the
workstation. I do not have problems with saving other excel spread sheets.
I sent the document to a coworker on the same network and was able to change
the figures and save it. I compared the setting on both workstations and
they appear to be the same.
--
Keivn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only thing that I can think of is doing a FILE/SAVE AS and see if you can
save it under a new name.

Otherwise, see if the Microsoft KB article addresses what your experiencing,
click the URL that follows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817135
--
Kevin Backmann

"Kevin" wrote:

Received an elaborate excel spreadsheet via email. I was asked to open it
change some #s then send it back. I am unable to save the spreadsheet with
or without changes. The message I receive is €śDocument Not Saved€ť. I have
attempted to save it to a different location. I am an admin on the
workstation. I do not have problems with saving other excel spread sheets.
I sent the document to a coworker on the same network and was able to change
the figures and save it. I compared the setting on both workstations and
they appear to be the same.
--
Keivn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This did not solve the problem. Thank you for trying.

Is there any logging I can turn on to try to get more information on why
excel will not save on that workstation?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

--
Thanks,