docmom

Default How do I restore accidently deleted excell spreadsheet?

I need help to restore a spreadsheet. It asked if I wanted to save cells
before I was done and I said no. Oooops.... now what?
Ken Wright

If you mean you made changes and it asked you if you wanted to save the
changes and you said no... then I think you're done I'm afraid.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"docmom" wrote in message
I need help to restore a spreadsheet. It asked if I wanted to save cells
before I was done and I said no. Oooops.... now what?

swatsp0p

One hope is that you have "Save AutoRecover info..." selected on the
ToolsOptions | Save tab. If so, navigate to the AutoRecover save location
and look for a file with a .xar extension. Do a File Open With and select
Excel. The last auto save will open.

Good Luck.

Earl Kiosterud

I think the AutoRecover files will be there only when Excel has crashed.
That doesn't have anything to do with AutoSave. Auto save saves your file
with your file name, the same as when you save it yourself. AutoRecover
tucks away a secret copy that gets removed when you close the file. It's
there so you'll have something if Excel has crashed (Oh, what am I
saying? -- software never crashes!). In that case, the file doesn't get
removed, so you have something.

--
Earl Kiosterud