Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Allocation formula

Hi,

I am looking for a formula that can calculate the following.

If I had a group of people and £100 I need to allocate it according to
their needs ie.

Person A need £50
Person B needs £20
Person C need £30

I need a formula that knows to allocate to Person A first, then B,
then C. I would like the allocated amount to show in the next collum.
ie.if the situation was again £100. But the needs were different - it
would allocate the available funds.

Person A needs £50 £50
Person B needs £60 £40
Person C needs £40 £0

I hope this makes sense!! Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 26 Jan, 10:34, wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a formula that can calculate the following.

If I had a group of people and £100 I need to allocate it according to
their needs ie.

Person A need £50
Person B needs £20
Person C need £30

I need a formula that knows to allocate to Person A first, then B,
then C. I would like the allocated amount to show in the next collum.
ie.if the situation was again £100. But the needs were different - it
would allocate the available funds.

Person A needs £50 £50
Person B needs £60 £40
Person C needs £40 £0

I hope this makes sense!! Thank you!

Hi.

This is fairly straightforward. I've uploaded a spreadsheet file with
one possible solution on it. Try the link below:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?81oxbzjnam0

This contains three separate formulas which take into account the one
above it each time. Ive highlighted the cells which contain the
formulae. If you change the amounts to allocate you'll see it should
work the way you expect.

Hope this helps.
Matt Richardson,
http://teachr.blogspot.com