Gee

Default Unprotect cells in a worksheet when I have forgotten the password

I have created a worksheet some time ago and protected certain cell within it
and gave the worksheet a password in order to edit it. Unfortunately I can
no longer remember the password and to save me creating the worksheet again
it would be better if there was a way round this or a small program that will
remove the password for me. Your help is appreciated.

Alan

This code, courtesy of Bob McCormick, run as a macro will unprotect the
sheet. If you are unfamiliar with VB code, post back,
Regards,

Sub PasswordCracker() 'Bob McCormick

Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer

Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer

Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer

Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer

On Error Resume Next

For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66

For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66

For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66

For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _

Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) _

& Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)

If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then

MsgBox "The password has been removed :-" & vbCrLf & _

vbCrLf & "Save this file with or without" & vbCrLf & _

"a new password now.", vbInformation, _

"File Password Cracked :-"

Exit Sub

End If

Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next

Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next

End Sub

"Gee" wrote in message
I have created a worksheet some time ago and protected certain cell within
it
and gave the worksheet a password in order to edit it. Unfortunately I
can
no longer remember the password and to save me creating the worksheet
again
it would be better if there was a way round this or a small program that
will
remove the password for me. Your help is appreciated.

Junior Member

hello

Click on following link and Recover and remove Excel File password, It's works very farst - http://www.excelpasswordremover.org/

Quote: