Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup formulas

I'm new to the vlookup world... I am trying to take a number
from one cell, look it up on anohter sheet, take the number from one
column over, and input it back to the original sheet in a different
cell. Frustrating as hell, can anybody help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume your number is in A1 of Sheet1, and that your table of values
occupies A2 to B20 of Sheet2 - you will need this in B1 of Sheet1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$2:B$20,2,0)

Hope this helps.

Pete