Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aurora

Default Page Numbers

I am using Excel 2000
I am having a problem with page numbering on a worksheet. My worksheet has
11 tabs. Each tab has 2 different charts. In the beginning I put the code
for today's date in the footer. Then I was asked to number the pages. So I
deleted the date code and replace it with page number in the footer of the
documents. The first time I did this, I highlighted all of the tabs and
added a footer (from the view commad) with "page" and the code for the page
no. When I printed the 11 pages (highlighted all the tabs and printed), each
page printed with the correct page no. Ex: page 1, page 2, page 3....page
11. The next time I printed the pages, doing it the same way, each page came
out as page 1. Then all of a sudden the page numbers disappeared and the
date code returned on some of the tabs. This kept going on back and forth.
One time I would get the correct page numbers and the next time everything
was page 1 or I would get the date code instead or a combination of both.
After each change I saved all of the tabs as a group and/or individually.

So I went in to each tab separately, deleted the codes and typed "Page" and
added the page no code. The same thing happened as noted above. Then I went
to each tab again separately and deleted the codes and actually typed "Page
and the Page no. ( 1,2,3,...11)" Again sometimes this worked and did not
work at other times. So I said forget it and deleted the codes in the
footer. I then went to the header added typed "page and individual page nos
to each tab.). Again I print my charts out one time and everything is fine
the next time I get everything with page 1 for every page. When I print, I
highlight all of the tabs, and hit the print button.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening. I have to print these
charts 2-3 times a month and its gets frustrating when people keep telling me
that the page numbers are not right. And it is a pain in the b___ to have to
re-type the page numbers everytime I print the report. Does anyone have any
ideas????????

Aurora