Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dixie

Default stacked bar graphs

Is it possible to add add trend lines to stacked bar graphs?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

A trendline will not take into account the addition of previous series to
the one being fitted with the line. What I would do is add a trendline to
the series, keep the textbox with the formula, but make the line less
visible (you can't hide it completely, but you can at least use the
background color as the line color). Then I would add a line series to the
chart using the sum of values, so that the markers are planted on the top of
the stacked columns. I would hide this line (no markers, no line), and fit a
trendline to this series. I would not display the formula for this line, I'd
drag the other formula up to this line.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP