Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cursor arrow is black box

When I move my cursor over the spreadsheet area in Excel it turns into a
Solid Black Box that is about the Height of two standard lines.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"korthJudy" wrote:

When I move my cursor over the spreadsheet area in Excel it turns into a
Solid Black Box that is about the Height of two standard lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Judy:
Sorry for the previous blank post. Did you ever resolve this problem? Last
friday (9/22) the same thing happened to me "all of a sudden" and I can't get
it to go away. Thanks.

"CardonRich" wrote:

"korthJudy" wrote:

When I move my cursor over the spreadsheet area in Excel it turns into a
Solid Black Box that is about the Height of two standard lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
I have the same problem
It happened after i installed the update for Internet Explorer 7.
Has anyone been able to fix this problem?

"Kassie" wrote:

Is this a static 2 rowheight box, or is it rather like selecting a range of
cells, which grows/shrinks as you move your mouse around?

If the latter, hit your mouse wheel quite hard. You can also try pressing
<Ctrl while depressing the button on your mouse

Kassie

"CardonRich" wrote:

"korthJudy" wrote:

When I move my cursor over the spreadsheet area in Excel it turns
into a
Solid Black Box that is about the Height of two standard lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Folks:
When I've had a chance I been exploring the causes of this problem. Alas, I
too have not found the "ultimate" solution. However, I needed to rebuild my
machine recently and in the process reloaded the Office suite. Upon opening
Excel the "black box" problem was gone. I believe that there is a part of
Excel, or the Registry, or both that gets corrupted thus causing the problem.
If one of you are adventurous enough, you might try a "repair" by rerunning
the Office setup, selecting only Excel, and just let it put the product back
to the "default" state. Note: if you have any special settings or add-ins
they will probably not be there after the repair, so be sure to make a note
of them before hand. I didn't think to try this when I was having the problem
and I doubt I could reproduce it now. I'll stay on the "notify" list for this
problem to see what you find or answer questions if I can. Best of luck to
you all. ---Rich
P.S.: Kassie, please do not hit your mouse wheel "quite hard" or hard at
all. A mouse click is a mouse click is a mouse click and the amount of
pressure doesn't make a difference (except to the mouse, that is) at all to
the signal sent to the application.