Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dynamic formating a pivot

A few years ago, decided that instead of using a database to track customers
, I would use a spreadsheet because of all the calculations that are
necessary. It has worked very well so far. What I am having trouble with is
a form I have to manually generate. I use a pivot table to drill down to the
data I need then manually check that against a form I have generated.
From the pivot, I get the following:
Location
Group
Name, Count
Then, I have to add formatting to add a signature box for Groupings and
individuals that are not part of groups.
Ex
North
Smith
Jeff Smith 2
John Doe 4
Sally Mae 5
Total 11
Signature
Fred Derf 3 Signature
Roger Miller 4 Signature
Grand Total 18
I have tried to format my pivot table but it is not dynamic. I know I could
do this with Access but dont want to maintain 2 data sets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the top-left cell in the source range
Insert-Name-Define- (define name exz Everchangingdata)

Select a cell in the pivot table, click pivot table wizard, in the range box
type the name you used, your done.

Source information "Pivot Tables Recipe Book" Debra Dalgleish
Great Book
--
William<"M"
Using 2007

"friesr" wrote:

A few years ago, decided that instead of using a database to track customers
, I would use a spreadsheet because of all the calculations that are
necessary. It has worked very well so far. What I am having trouble with is
a form I have to manually generate. I use a pivot table to drill down to the
data I need then manually check that against a form I have generated.
From the pivot, I get the following:
Location
Group
Name, Count
Then, I have to add formatting to add a signature box for Groupings and
individuals that are not part of groups.
Ex
North
Smith
Jeff Smith 2
John Doe 4
Sally Mae 5
Total 11
Signature
Fred Derf 3 Signature
Roger Miller 4 Signature
Grand Total 18
I have tried to format my pivot table but it is not dynamic. I know I could
do this with Access but dont want to maintain 2 data sets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tried that but not what I am looking for. Let me try to clairify...

Location, Group, Name and Count is data from my spreadsheet. I need to take
that data and dynamicaly build a roster where customers sign when that pickup
their product. So I need to take that data, group and sort, then add a
signature box that does not relate to any cell.

|----------|----------|----------|----------|------------|
|Location | North | | | |
|----------|----------|----------|----------|------------|
| |Group | Name |Count |Signature |
|----------|----------|----------|----------|------------|
| |Smith |John | 5 | |
|----------|----------|----------|----------| |
| | |Jeff | 3 | |
|----------|----------|----------|----------| |
| | |Fred | 6 | |
|----------|----------|----------|----------| |
| |Total | | 14| |
|----------|----------|----------|----------|-----------|
| | | | | |
|----------|----------|----------|----------|------------|
| | N/A |Frank | 5 | |
|----------|----------|----------|----------|------------|
| | N/A |Buddy | 5 | |
|----------|----------|----------|----------|-------------|
| | N/A |Sam | 5 | |
| |Grand T| | 29 | |

"friesr" wrote:

A few years ago, decided that instead of using a database to track customers
, I would use a spreadsheet because of all the calculations that are
necessary. It has worked very well so far. What I am having trouble with is
a form I have to manually generate. I use a pivot table to drill down to the
data I need then manually check that against a form I have generated.
From the pivot, I get the following: