Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Drawing shapes in a chart

I'm not sure how I would go about this. But I am creating Quadrant graphs.
They are scatter plots and the graph is divided into 4 sections (2 yellow, 1
green, and 1 red) I made the plot area yellow, but now I need to know if its
possible to write a macro to draw Red and Green boxes on the graph and their
size set by points on the graph? For instance, there is a median point so
the red box would go from (0,0) in the lower left to (medianx,mediany) on the
upper right. And the green box would have (medianx,mediany) on the lower
left and the (axisxmax,axisymax) on the upper right. Is it possible to draw
shapes with values from a graph? If so could someone fill me in on how to do
it!

Thanks - it would save soo much time!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Rather than draw shapes you can use extra data series plotted as
different chart types.
See here for explanation,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ackground.html

Cheers