Maddoktor

Default Count number of shaded cells

I have a number of colour cells in column A. For example: I may have two
yellow cells, 3 red cells and 4 blue cells. I would like a formula that can
count the number of either the yellow, red or blue cells in a particular
column. I would then like to expand this to counting the number of certain
colour cell (example ... yellow cells) in a number of columns. i.e columns A
to F.

Thank you in advance.

Frank Kabel

Hi
not possible with formulas alone. This requires VBA. See:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html
and
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Maddoktor" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a number of colour cells in column A. For example: I may have two
yellow cells, 3 red cells and 4 blue cells. I would like a formula that
can
count the number of either the yellow, red or blue cells in a particular
column. I would then like to expand this to counting the number of certain
colour cell (example ... yellow cells) in a number of columns. i.e columns
to F.

Thank you in advance.

Paul B

Maddoktor, have a look here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm