Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
VLOOKUP - Numbers stored as text

Default VLOOKUP should compare numbers stored as text to plain numbers.

I wish there was an option with VLOOKUP so you could tell it to treat numbers
stored as text and plain text numbers the same.
The problem I run into is when I convert numbers stored as text to numbers I
may have a 00956 and a 956 which are two different quantities but are treated
the same when I convert them and the vlookup will return the wrong info.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions