Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default XY Scatter Chart Markers

I have an XY Scatter Chart with 100 entries. The data points plotted fine,
but the graph automatically assigned a different symbol and color to each
data point. To make the chart look cleaner, I wanted to make all of them the
same. I can select and change the data points individually, but it would
take a while. Is there any way to change them all at once?

Thanks,
Jane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It sounds as if you've got 100 different series, rather than one series with
100 points which is what you want. What is the layout of the data in your
worksheet, and how did you produce the chart?
--
David Biddulph

"Jane" wrote in message
I have an XY Scatter Chart with 100 entries. The data points plotted fine,
but the graph automatically assigned a different symbol and color to each
data point. To make the chart look cleaner, I wanted to make all of them
the
same. I can select and change the data points individually, but it would
take a while. Is there any way to change them all at once?

Thanks,
Jane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The original data set was 100 rows of data with the headers in the first
column, X values in the next column and Y values in the next. I couldn't
figure out how to make it work without transposing the X values so that they
appeared in the first row and there was a Y value only under the relevant X
value, so the data set ended up being 101 rows by 101 columns.

"Jane" wrote in message
I have an XY Scatter Chart with 100 entries. The data points plotted fine,
but the graph automatically assigned a different symbol and color to each
data point. To make the chart look cleaner, I wanted to make all of them
the
same. I can select and change the data points individually, but it would
take a while. Is there any way to change them all at once?

Thanks,
Jane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ah, that'll be why it's 100 separate series.

If you go back to the original data, with X values in B2:B101, Y values in
C2:C101, put a label (Y, or whatever) in C1, & leave B1 blank.
Select B1:C101, Insert/ Chart/ XY (& choose appropriate sub-type)/ Data in
columns/ other options to suit.
When you've got your chart you can put an X label in B2 if you want.
--
David Biddulph