Kerri Buxton

Default multiple or changing colours in a data table on an excel chart fo.

We are trying to have the "negative" numbers in a data table (under the
chart) show in red, like the data series, but seem unable to alter the format
unless it is for all data. (we're trying to highlight or bring attention to
the negative variances) The data labels will follow the excel font's but the
data table does not appear to.

Any suggestions?
John Mansfield

Kerri,

Unfortunately the formatting options for data tables are fairly limited. As
a result, it's not possible to apply different font formatting to different
cells or rows within any one data table. If you are using an embedded chart,
you can build the data table in worksheet cells which should allow for the
type of formatting you're asking for.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Kerri Buxton" wrote:

We are trying to have the "negative" numbers in a data table (under the
chart) show in red, like the data series, but seem unable to alter the format
unless it is for all data. (we're trying to highlight or bring attention to
the negative variances) The data labels will follow the excel font's but the
data table does not appear to.

Any suggestions?

Jon Peltier

Hi Kerri -

In addition to the approach John suggests (which I happen to use frequently), you
could read what Tushar Mehta says about data tables on his web site:

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...able/index.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP