Cashius War eagle

Default Why won't my conditional formatting display in the cell

In Excel, I create a conditional formatting to highlite a duplicate
refference. The formatting applyied, as indicated when I click conditional
formatting again, but does not display in the cell. I am useing Office 2003.
I applied a red patern with white bold, but the cell does not display any
change.
David McRitchie

Most likely there is an error in your formula, so that it is
not doing what you expect it to do.

Try using the formula(s) on the spreadsheet itself in another
column to see if it generates True [number not zero] or
False [zero]. Conditional formatting only pays attention to
True and ignores any errors.

Conditional like normal cell formatting can be wiped out
or copied from another cell by pasting into a cell.

My page on Conditional Formatting is
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm
---
HTH,