Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lou

Default In spreadsheet click on one cell and several are selected

I am trying to start a new spreadsheet, however, when I click in a single
cell a range of cells turn blue. The number of cells that are selected is
never the same.

Lou
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abode

try pressing F8. If that doesn't fix it press it once more to turn that
option off. I often run into that problem when ever I am using Macros by
****ing the Alt key. Does it select a bunch of cells from the active cell to
the one you click on. F8 would be the cause of that.

"Lou" wrote:

I am trying to start a new spreadsheet, however, when I click in a single
cell a range of cells turn blue. The number of cells that are selected is
never the same.

Lou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Is it the same thing that happens when you select a range.

If yes, then check to see if you see EXT in excel's status bar. You could be in
EXTend mode. Hit the F8 key to toggle it off.

And sometimes mice have been known to stick. You may want to gently bang on the
buttons (including the wheel button) to see if that knocks something loose.

--

Dave Peterson