Desperate Don

Default Replacing text in Excel files on disk?

I wish to replace a text spring with another, in about 50 Excel workbooks.
Some of these strings are held in a ceIl alone, others are part of a formula.
To avoid opening all 50 workbooks and using Find/Replace, is there a utility
that works directly on the files themselves?

I don't want to write a macro to do this as most workbooks have multi-sheets
with some hidden sheets, snd possibly protected sheets as well. Messy.

I have found a few shareware/freeware programs, and got one to operate, but
they seem to skip the formulae.

A straight textual replace leaves the files unreadable by Excel. It seems
to need a special utility written for Excel.

Donald