Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional formatting

I am having trouble using conditional formatting when comparing two dates.
What I need is.

Cell A1 has a date 02/01/2007
Cell A2 has a date 03/05/2008

I want cell A2 Highlighted Red if the difference between the dates is 395
days or more.

I'm a novice in excel and any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
--
John Johansen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
go to conditional formating, and use where the formula is
A2-A1395, options fill with red color

"John Johansen" wrote:

I am having trouble using conditional formatting when comparing two dates.
What I need is.

Cell A1 has a date 02/01/2007
Cell A2 has a date 03/05/2008

I want cell A2 Highlighted Red if the difference between the dates is 395
days or more.

I'm a novice in excel and any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
--
John Johansen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

I've tried that and it doesn't work. I'm not sure why because if I goto a
different cell and enter the formula =IF((A2-A1)395,"NC","C") it returns
either an NC or C like you would expect but for some reason it doesn't
evaluate correctly in conditional formatting.
--
John Johansen

"John Johansen" wrote:

I am having trouble using conditional formatting when comparing two dates.
What I need is.

Cell A1 has a date 02/01/2007
Cell A2 has a date 03/05/2008

I want cell A2 Highlighted Red if the difference between the dates is 395
days or more.

I'm a novice in excel and any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
--
John Johansen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select cell A2
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:

=A2-A1395

Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out