Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abmb161

Default How to create/run "cell A equals Cell B put Cell C info in Cell D

I need to match data in cell A to cell B and then if they equal I need to
copy the adjacent cell C to cell X . How do I set up a macro to do this
automatically? I have over 5000 cells to compare and match up.. Can anyone
help? I have Office 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vezerid

You can do it with a formula. In X1 you type

=IF(A1=B1, C1, "")

And you copy down as far as necessary.

Does this help?
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jonathan Cooper

Does it have to be a macro? You could just put an IF statement into column
X, that says =if(exact(A1,B1),C1,""). Copy/paste the formula down. Then
autofilter or advanced filter the results.

"abmb161" wrote:

I need to match data in cell A to cell B and then if they equal I need to
copy the adjacent cell C to cell X . How do I set up a macro to do this
automatically? I have over 5000 cells to compare and match up.. Can anyone
help? I have Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

In cell Z1 enter:

=IF(A1=B1,C1,"")
and then copy down
--
Gary's Student

"abmb161" wrote:

I need to match data in cell A to cell B and then if they equal I need to
copy the adjacent cell C to cell X . How do I set up a macro to do this
automatically? I have over 5000 cells to compare and match up.. Can anyone
help? I have Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mphell0

In cell X1 put

=IF(A1=B1,C1,[whatever happens if A1 and B1 are not the same]

copy down as needed

--
mphell0
mphell0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30153

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OZDOC1050

Sub CTOX()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("A1").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
If ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 23).Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Value
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
Range("A1").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

This is if all 5000 in the column A are together with no breaks, it can be
adjusted to suit if there are breaks.

Pete

--
(][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][)