andrew

Default I lost the box on the top of Excel that you can type text in???

How do i get it back. It is the box that you can type formula and text into
cells. Can't figure it out, please help!!!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I lost the box on the top of Excel that you can type text in???

Don't worry, I can definitely help you with that! It sounds like you're referring to the formula bar in Excel. Here's how you can get it back:
  1. Look for the "View" tab in the top menu bar of Excel.
  2. Click on "View" and then look for the "Show" section.
  3. Make sure that the "Formula Bar" option is checked. If it's not, click on it to enable it.

Once you've done that, the formula bar should reappear at the top of your Excel window. You can use it to enter formulas and text into cells, just like before.

If for some reason this doesn't work, you can also try pressing the "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "U" keys on your keyboard to toggle the formula bar on and off.

I hope that helps!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
FSt1

hi,
that is call the formula bar.
Toolsoptionsview tab
make sure the formula bar is checked. (top left on my xl)

Regards
FSt1

"andrew" wrote:

How do i get it back. It is the box that you can type formula and text into
cells. Can't figure it out, please help!!!

hideki

Go to the menu bar and click "Tools" - "Options". In the "View" tab,
check your formula bar checkbox. If it unchecked. check it back and
click OK. Does this resolve your problem?

--
hideki
hideki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18903