-   -   Microsoft Excel could not find anything to print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2338-microsoft-excel-could-not-find-anything-print.html)

cyndi

Microsoft Excel could not find anything to print

Hi, I have have an excel spreadsheet (2003), with about 5 page, I go to print
and I get the 'Microsoft Excel could not find anything to print' I cleared
the print area, and still got the message, then I selected the data, made a
new print area, I can see it in both page break preview and in normal, but If
I print or go to print preview, I get that message, any help would be great
Thanks

Otto Moehrbach

Cyndi
When you say "with about 5 page", do you mean 5 sheets? Do you have
data on the sheet that is on the screen (the active sheet) at the time you
issue the Print command?
Do this: Select a sheet that has data. Select a cell within that data.
Click on File - Print. Look in the dialog box that pops up, not any other
box. What is selected for the print range? What is selected for "Print
what"? Click OK. What happens?
Do this: Select a small range that contains data. Click on File -
Print. In that box, in the "Print what:" area, select "Selection". Click
OK. What happens? HTH Otto